07 August, 2011

Welcome to the 2011-2012 school year!

Dear Parents and Families:

I want to extend to you and your child my warmest welcome into our classroom. My name is Mrs. Nelson and I will be your child’s Teacher this year. This will be my third year at Rolling Hills but my first as the Language Arts teacher and I am so excited about continuing to be part of such an outstanding academic institution. I have almost twenty years of experience teaching and coaching youth of all ages and I look forward to sharing my passion for learning with your child. I graduated from Washington State University with a degree in Kinesiology and a minor in Spanish, and then continued my education earning a Master’s degree in Education from Northern Arizona University.

In my free time, I enjoy photography, exercising, and spending time with my husband Jamal and our almost 3-year-old twins, Lucia & Sawyer.  I love traveling, and have been blessed to travel throughout Europe, Scandinavia, Mexico and even Africa!  I hope to cross many more countries off my bucket list one day.

My philosophy for learning is that each child is unique, and each child learns in a different way. One of my jobs as a teacher is to help your child discover his or her individuality and provide an environment in which it will flourish.  I believe in hands-on experiences, learning creatively and learning through play. I am really looking forward to a fun–filled and educational year!

I am looking forward to interacting with you and your child this upcoming school year. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

Tracy M. Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment